Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Closing Note (Epiphany...in regards to Inner Celebration from Lynn Gericho)

Epiphany - January 6

"A Closing Note The Holy Nights of Inner Christmas have passed. Our souls now reenter ordinary time. Today is Epiphany in the Christian calendar and celebrates two events in the life of Jesus. First, is the arrival of the Three Wise Men with their gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh at the manger in Bethlehem. Second, occurring thirty years later is the Baptism of Jesus in the River Jordan and the beginning the Christ Deed on Earth. In the Soul’s Calendar, January 6 is the day of new inner awakening. Your soul has been in a mystical sleep for the Twelve Holy Nights and it now awakes with the dawning of new wisdom. This new wisdom brings you three precious gifts – new clarity in your thought life, new harmony in your feeling life, and new strength in your will life. Your soul returns to ordinary time - renewed, reborn, and ready to participate in the New Year..."

This was a post from a gal who felt extremely moved by the "Twelve Holy Nights" by Lynn Gericho (as we all did that read her blogh)and wrote the following:

My Epiphany~
A Cherokee Lesson: Two wolves
An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy. "It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.

"One is evil -- he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

"The other is good -- he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.

"This same fight is going on inside you -- and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather,

"Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."


If there is someone in your heart and mind who needs
healing or help of any kind, think of this dear one
now as you meditate on the following ideas:

· I surround you with thoughts of love.
· I see you strong, because God is your strength.
· I see you whole, because God is the life of your body.
· I see you unafraid, because God fills you with faith
and courage.
· I see you free from doubt and discouragement, serene and
steady, because the light of Spirit glows within you.
· I see you invincible, unconquerable, because you are first,

a
spiritual being, a child of the Most High.
· I see you as God sees you.
· I know that the healing power of God is mightily active in
you.
· Every time I think of you, I give thanks that God’s perfect
work is being done in you, for you, and through you, as you.

Make It a Great 2008!
Your Friend,Dee


The following is my own response to "The Closing Note":


posted by: Dee on Sun, 1/6 07:44 AM EST
I too have copied all twelve nights and will revisit on occasion due to the spiritual cleansing I received through reading each polarity. There is an extreme richness to life when we engage our minds to expanding our thoughts to all that surround us and to Lynn and the others, I thank you for this. I appreciate reading your thoughts and philosophies to living life. Take care and God Bless.

Hugs~
posted by: Christine on Sun, 1/6 10:30 AM EST

No comments: